Tuesday, August 2, 2011

How to Display Ubuntu on Projector/External Monitor

Recently I've switched my OS to uBuntu. But I found the function to switched to external monitor is not working. After google it, I found my solution.

Here what i found:

Step 1:
Open Terminal

Step 2:
Find the location of this file xorg.conf

locate xorg.conf

Step 3:
Type this code

sudo gedit 'location of the file'
example:(not every version have the same location)

sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Step 4:
It will appear like this One

Section “Device”
..
..
EndSection

Insert the code below before the EndSection:

Option “MonitorLayout” “CRT,LFP”
Option “Clone” “true”
Option “DevicePresence” “true

And Restart your PC or Press “Ctrl + Alt + Backspace” to restart Xorg.conf

And Walla!!...It automatically appear on the external monitor..exactly like your PC, no need to change the resolution either..

I love uBuntu..♥♥♥

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This solved my problem, in case anybody is still looking for other solution.

    http://www.baibhav.com.np/article/6-...0-solved-.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the resource! It was very easy to follow, and now my pico projector recognizes my computer just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. While home theater projectors are used by television viewers and movie buffs, multimedia projectors are utilized to interact with audience in a better way during office meetings and presentations Bestolin..

    ReplyDelete
  5. An interesting dialogue is price comment. I feel that it is best to write more on this matter, it may not be a taboo topic however usually individuals are not enough to talk on such topics. To the next. Cheers. Best projectors under 300

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting blog. Alot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know. hdmi bluetooth projector

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...