Tuesday, August 2, 2011

How to Display Ubuntu on Projector/External Monitor

Recently I've switched my OS to uBuntu. But I found the function to switched to external monitor is not working. After google it, I found my solution.

Here what i found:

Step 1:
Open Terminal

Step 2:
Find the location of this file xorg.conf

locate xorg.conf

Step 3:
Type this code

sudo gedit 'location of the file'
example:(not every version have the same location)

sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Step 4:
It will appear like this One

Section “Device”
..
..
EndSection

Insert the code below before the EndSection:

Option “MonitorLayout” “CRT,LFP”
Option “Clone” “true”
Option “DevicePresence” “true

And Restart your PC or Press “Ctrl + Alt + Backspace” to restart Xorg.conf

And Walla!!...It automatically appear on the external monitor..exactly like your PC, no need to change the resolution either..

I love uBuntu..♥♥♥

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This solved my problem, in case anybody is still looking for other solution.

    http://www.baibhav.com.np/article/6-...0-solved-.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the resource! It was very easy to follow, and now my pico projector recognizes my computer just fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that I could help you..

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...